Boring Blog for Brother in Iraq...errrr... Connecticut

The boring blog.... My brother was in Iraq with the Connecticut National Guard, but is now back home. There is no good excuse as to why I am still updating this blog...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dear Marvin

Dear Bro,

As you are aware by the receipt of piece of mail from the a certain head coach from a certain Cincinnati NFL team, I recently composed a letter requesting that you be sent an autographed picture. As promised, here is the text of the letter...

Dear Marvin,

I have a personal reason for sending you this letter but I would be amiss if I did not congratulate you on another competitive season as the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals. Even though we did not make the playoffs this year, you still maintained your record of at least .500 football, something no other coach has been able to do with this team. Before your arrival this team was the laughing stock of the National Football League, but since you have taken the helm it has become a part of the opponents schedule that they must work that much harder to have a chance at winning.

In fact, I have a Bengals Ornament that I place every year on my Christmas tree, and since I bought it in the early nineties I have placed it on the back of the tree facing the wall as the Bengals were always out of playoff contention when it was time to put up the tree. But since your arrival, the ornament has had a proud place on the front of the tree. Granted, a small thing, but the teams you have coached and made successful has made the fall season exciting again here in Cincinnati.

Now on to the request... my brother Greg is serving with the Connecticut National Guard in Iraq. Whereas most servicemen are in the twenties, Greg, like yourself and even me, is in his forties and even though he normally resides in Connecticut with his wife, he is a huge Bengals fan. We normally correspond through Instant Messaging on the internet and almost all our conversations begin with how the Bengals did. So if it is not too bold I would like to request that you send him an autographed picture. He started his deployment two months ago, so I know it would really lift his spirits if you could send a signed picture to him. If you are too busy or get too many of these types of requests to respond then don't worry about it.
Just keep up the good work with the Bengals.



His APO is as follows: Sgt Harrison, Gregory S. 1048 Mdm Trk Co APO AE 09331

Thanks for making us proud to be Bengals fans again.

Sincerely,

Rich in Cincy



And as the final part of the letter... the end result.





Thank you Marvin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home